ClipShifter by LVC-Audio
LVC-Audio / ClipShifter
Clipping - with all of the options
ClipShifter is a wave-shaping audio plugin that functions like a clipping-style limiter. It provides enough user controls to be useful in all mixing stages: from distorting basses and drums, to maximizing mix buses and warming-up overall mixes. The sonic characteristics of the clipping distortion can be altered from hard, brickwall-style clipping, to softer saturation with compression.
Go to site
ClipShifter by LVC-Audio
ClipShifter can function as a static clipping effect, but it can also respond to the transient qualities of the incoming signal. The threshold for clipping can be set to either rise or fall as the level of audio increases. The speed can be set using the Attack Time control and the Fast Release button. Let the transients through while distorting the rest, or distort that initial bass thump while letting the rest sound clean. A new feature in version 2.2 is the independent Left/Right (or Mid/Side) Threshold Control. Choose between Independent, Maximum, or Average to determine how the the clipping thresholds dynamically change.
Dial-in the sound of your choice, from heavy distortion to subtle compression
ClipShifter includes controls to change the clip shape and to adjust the harmonic content. Setting the Clip Shape control to maximum produces a hard-clipped sound, while lesser settings verge on subtle compression with minimal auditory distortion. The harmonics control allows you to control the amount of even-order and odd-order distortion.
- Clipping style limiter: from transparent sounding compression to hard clipping distortion
- Controls for Clip Shape (hard to soft) and harmonics (even- and odd-order), so you can be in control of the sound
- Low CPU usage for running multiple instances on multiple tracks
- Standard LVC-Audio metering, including VU-style, PPM-style, and loudness meters to easily monitor input and output levels
- Scalable waveform history view with click-and-drag editing of threshold controls to easily change and set clipping levels based on the incoming signal
- 3-band crossover (paid feature) control utilizing 4th order LR filters for flat crossover response
- Independent frequency clipping (paid feature) to target the right frequencies for processing and selectable EQ gain controls that can be used pre- or post-processing
- Mid/Side processing option (paid feature)
- Oversampling with Double Processing (paid feature) at 2X, 4X, and 8X the incoming sample rate for reducing aliasing
- New (version 2.3.0) undo/redo history, A/B comparison, and cross-platform preset management with import/export ability
Related Products by Same Type
Related Products by Same Creator